Friday, February 11, 2011

A letter of application to Ann Richards

Dear Ms. Goka,
My name is Lucy Anderson. After graduating from Zilker in 2009, my parents and I decided to try homeschooling for awhile. For 6th and 7th grade I have done many apprenticeships with people around Austin. Over the past 2 years I have studied child pschology, photography, writing, botany, ceramics, cooking and math.
Other than ceramics I would really like to continue my studies in all of these subjects. After reading your website there are several subjects that excite me; especially dancing and roller derby! I look forward to Ann Richards and being introduced to new things.
I have enjoyed homescooling very much, but after looking in at Ann Richards I am hoping to attend your amazing school. Many of my friends from 5th are there now and many more are hoping to attend this year. They all say it is wonderful.
This year I joined the swim team and 1 of my coaches has really inspired me in many ways. Coach Claire has really encouraged me to be a better swimmer, to have fun, and to enjoy the process. Claire is funny, talented, kind, happy, very fun to be with and smart. Her qualities are ones that I hope I have now and continue when I am older. I think Ann Richards will help me pursue that. Ann Richards seems like a very fun place to learn.
I am a student that loves to learn new things and help out the world. I do hope that the world will become a healthier, more peaceful, happier place, and I would like to be a part of making that happen. One of the ways I am helping out the world now is by watching children for families. I think it helps make the world happier and more peaceful by hanging out and being with the children which then lets the parents connect and enjoy each other. When a family is getting along, the peace will soon spread wide across the globe.
Helping keep the planet healthy is another goal of mine. I am very sensitive and protective natural world, preserving it, breathing clean air, and staying healthy myself. I try my hardest to help by walking, biking, and taking the bus. I also help by learning about and taking classes to help me really, truly understand the plants. I love and wish the world would become a greener place.
I am very excited about the possibility of studying at Ann Richards! I am a hard working person that has a very easy time connecting with the people around me. I know that Ann Richards will bring a lot to my life and I will bring a lot to Ann Richards.

I hope you enjoy my letter thank you for reading it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Lucy! If I ran the school I would certainly LOVE to have you as a student.

    ReplyDelete